Thursday, June 4, 2009

3-1 drubbing from Costa Rica at Home

Supporters,
As I write today I am pretty humbled. Last nights match had an eerie feel to it, we were out-matched out-hustled and out-coached in my opinion. I really haven't been more dejected, disgusted with effort, or felt more helpless since the opening game of Germany 06 against the smelly Czechs. Every step we took was wrong, every ball we played was weak. We were in front of a hostile crowd and didn't even make it 80 seconds into the match, in all honesty, we simply panicked. That was not the US side that I know and follow all over the world. THESE THINGS NEED TO BE ADDRESSED AND FIXED BEFORE AFRICA, not to throw a wrench into your travel plans but if we don't address and figure some of this shit out immediately, you will need to change your flights to South Africa June 09, not June 2010.
With this said, I (as a US supporter till the day I die) will assume that we needed this. The passion, grit, and heart that we played with after the Czechs against the Italians was magnificent, quite frankly it was one of the best nights of my life. I suspect that we will bounce back and run the home table on the way to Africa 2010. I love our yanks, they will not let us down like that again. They have too much spirit, too much pride for our country, too much dedication to the true fans out there . I will see all of the outlaws in Chicago tomorrow night to begin the festivities. Anyone not making the trip for the Honduras game, I wish you were there, we will be extra fucking loud for those that aren't, and chances are I will have way too many beers and will be celebrating late in Saturday.

Cheers outlaws,
Zach Stivrins

No comments: